You plan to trade on the stock market with CFD, and more particularly, to invest on the technology sector of the video games ? Then the action Nintendo may be made for you. We propose to you to put all the chances on your side by discovering in this article several types of information that will enlighten you about this company and its title as a technical analysis history of its course, the detail of the group’s activities or its economic history and finance, and, of course, that some overall financial data about this action.
About the group Nintendo :
The company Nintendo is a multinational corporation that was established in 1989 in Japan by Fusajiro Yamauchi and whose headquarters are located in Tokyo.
During its first years of activity, Nintendo was a specialist in the japanese playing cards called Hanafuda. It was not until the early 1970s that the company is oriented towards other types of products such as toys or terminals of arcade games. It is as well that Nintendo has become a company précurseuses video games.
Just before the beginning of the 1980s, Nintendo was in fact launched in the market of gaming consoles. Today, the company is one of the leaders of this sector of activity. Thus, in 2008, the group was ranked as the number one video game publishers in Japan and number two in the United States (NPD Group). In 2014, Nintendo has sold 680 million consoles and 4.3 billion video games across the world.
Nintendo has also managed the feat of bringing in the popular culture of certain of its licenses such as Mario or Pokémon, which is quite rare except for some major groups such as Disney.
Stock market data important about the action Nintendo :
Here are a few key figures and stock market data with general-but important-about the company Nintendo which will help you to better understand the position of this company on the stock market international.
- In 2017, the total market capitalization of the company Nintendo reached the 121 495.47 MILLION usd.
- The number of securities issued by Nintendo, and in circulation on the market is of the order of 141 637 000.
- The course of action Nintendo is currently traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market of the Nasdaq All Markets in the United States.
- The company Nintendo is also a part of the composition of the stock index Nikkei 225, and is therefore part of the 225 companies in japan to the highest market capitalization.
- The shareholding structure of the company Nintendo is currently composed of 17.1% stake of The Capital Group Companies, 15.2% of the shares in reserve and 4.15% of the shares of the Bank of Kyoto. The rest of its assets are held by individual and institutional investors private across the world.
Technical analysis historical share price Nintendo :
It is very interesting to look at the historical evolution of the course of action with Nintendo over the last ten years. In fact, the stock charts give many clues as to how the title behaves and its volatility according to the periods.
We note as well of trends in long-and medium-sized exceptionally strong and marked so that the micromotion are less volatile and generally short and respond well to technical indicators the most basic.
At the end of the year 2007, the share price has seen a strong upward trend which has led it to achieve the 424.50€ in November. Just after and during the period of financial crisis, we observe a progressive decrease of the price which is punctuated by small times upward as in January 2008. However, the underlying trend is still very strongly negative, and will result in a fall to the 166.10€ in December 2009.
The course of action Nintendo will then punctually to the top in a strong move which will allow him to regain the level of 261.50€ in march 2010. But this respite will be short-lived because a new downward trend will appear and intensify in February 2011 until the achievement of the 102nd in August 2011.
The psychological threshold of 100€ will not be able to contain this downward trend that will continue its progression to a more stable and more progressive until February 2013 with the lowest level of the period 68.12€.
Will follow a period of relative stabilization until February 2015, where the title will be aware of a second breath with the back of increasing prices. Thus, a first rise will result in this action up to the level of 172.85€, immediately followed by a slight downward correction to 121.15€ in January 2016.
The increase is accentuated in June and July 2016 with a spectacular leap to the 238€ in just one month. The beginning of the year 2017 will also be marked by a strong progression in the increase of this title is fast approaching the mark of 300€.
Historical economic and financial of the company Nintendo :
To help you better understand what might influence the course of the action with Nintendo in recent years, we now propose to plunge us in the fundamental analysis of the title with a reminder of the events that have marked the history of the economic and financial of this company over the last ten years.
- In 2007, Nintendo has sold more than 6 million Wii consoles in the world and has sell more than 14 million before the end of 2008. This year, the band released the game Super Mario Galaxy 3D and will be elected game of the year and game of the decade.
- In 2008, Nintendo released the game Super Smash Bros Brawl which sold 9.2 million copies and launching the Nintendo DSi in Japan.
- In 2009, the DSi makes its arrival on the american market and in Europe. The group launches the game New Super Mario Bros Wii, which becomes the game the fastest selling in the world. Nintendo also launched the DSi XL in Japan, which will happen in 2010 in Europe and in the United States.
- In 2010, Nintendo reveals at E3 its new portable console, the Nintendo 3DS, which will flood the international market in 2011.
- In 2012, Nintendo announces the release of the Nintendo 3DS XL, which will arrive simultaneously on the japanese market and european and then a little later in the United States. Also in 2012, Nintendo launched the home console Wii U with online connectivity developed and associated with the network Miiverse.
- In 2013, Nintendo introduces the Nintendo 2DS is compatible with DS games and 3DS and less expensive than the portable consoles previous. It will be released in the same year.
- At the beginning of the year 2014, results and key figures from Nintendo are released with disappointing sales for the Wii U and the negative forecast for the years to come. The group will present its figures amiibo, which is compatible with the Wii U console and Nintendo 3DS system. These will be marketed as early as November of this same year, on the occasion of the release of the game Super Smash Bros for Wii U. Still, in 2014, Nintendo launches the New Nintendo 3DS that has a stock analog of small size. It will be released in Japan in 2014 and will arrive on the european market and then in North America in 2015.
- In 2015, the Wii U is experiencing now a big success and sold over 9.2 million copies sold and 50 million units sold for the Nintendo 3DS. He then announces a merger with DeNA for the development of games and applications for smartphones and tablets, and the release of a new console whose name would be NX. Still, in 2015, the CEO of Nintendo dies and the group organizes a council for the purpose of electing a replacement. This is Tatsumi Kimishima, who is officially appointed to the head of the group. Following an internal restructuring of the business which involves the fusion of several structures close to and the creation of a department of Business Development. At the end of this year 2015 highly charged, Nintendo of america, announces the opening of a service of loyalty, My Nintendo, which replaces the Cluc Nintendo and a first mobile application called Miitomo. This application will pass the one million download in three days after his first line, which boosts the action Nintendo to the Tokyo stock Exchange.
- In 2016, the group Nintendo announces a large wave of dismissals and releases of financial results with a positive balance but profit reduced by over 60% in a year. In the same year, Nintendo introduces the Nintendo Switch whose name referred to above was the » NX «. This console hybrid innova with the ability to move from home console to portable console without the need to cut the part, and a system of levers detachable allowing for many possibilities of play. It will be released this same year on the market with a dozen games among the most popular of Nintendo.
- In 2017, Nintendo announces the release of the New Nintendo 2DS XL is compatible with all of the games of previous versions and with a larger screen and a lower weight. Its output is announced for July 2017.